IMI Trailer Drawer
IMI Trailer Drawer for storing of equipment available now as retrofit kit for all modern or older sailplane trailers. One man rigging system, Tow bar, Wing supports or other equipment can be stored and transported in the lockable splash–water and dustproof drawer which is attached behind the axle of the trailer close to the center of gravity. The drawer improves significantly the storing possibilities of every trailer.
The drawer is bolted to the trailer by solid and robust aluminum frame with solid double ball–bearing telescopic rails. The fiberglass drawer itself is completely sealed by Pirelli rubber profiles against moisture, splashwater and dust. The drawer comes almost completely out the telescopic rails while opened (75cm move), what makes loading and unloading of the stored equipment very comfortable. The drawer with frame is bolted to the bottom of the trailer (sandwich plate/foam bottom or profile frame bottom) by 9pcs of M10/70 or M10/90 bolts. Attachment close to the axle of the trailer ensures neglectable change in the center of gravity of the trailer, the up–swept rear edge ensures sufficient clearance of about 15cm above ground (what is similar to clearance of common cars). Maximum weight of stored equipment in the drawer: 32kg, max permitted speed 100km/h.
• Complete assembled and sealed drawer with aluminum frame and telescopic rails
• All necessary bolts, washers and nuts for attachment to the trailer, bushings for sandwich bottom (Cobra trailer)
• Counterplate for lock (incl. blind rivets, to be riveted to the bottom in a proper place)
• Cartridge of black Mammut glue for sealing the connection drawer frame to bottom of the trailer
• 2pcs of keys for the lock
• User manual with installation and maintenance instructions
• COBRA Trailers
• Anschau Komet trailers
• Swan trailers
• Most of Pfeiffer, Schroeder and similar trailers
• For another producers or homebuilt trailers please contact us with photos and dimensions to check the compatibility. The depth and height of the drawer is designed to fit to any trailer which is at least 108cm wide at the bottom.
The IMI Trailer Drawer was tested intensively installed to the Cobra trailer in different conditions (speed up to 140kmh) and proved to be solid and safe for use. The installation to the trailer and use on the public roads is at own risk of the owner/operator of the trailer and we don´t take any response for potential damage or injuries caused by use of the device. Use of damaged, unlocked, overloaded or improperly installed drawer could be dangerous. Always check whether the drawer is locked and not damaged before the drive with the trailer. Do not drive with the trailer with damaged or unlockable drawer (contact us in such case or remove the drawer from the aluminum frame).
About IMI Gliding
IMI – Gliding Equipment started the production of equipment for glider pilots at the end of year 2004. After eleven years of experience our aims profiled in simple conclusion: everything we do, we try to do the best we can.
We offer you the usual things with unusual quality, new ideas, interesting look, smart functions. As we hear from the feedback of our satisfied customers, this is the right way. Since we are personally enthusiastic and experienced glider pilots, we understand the problems quite well. In 2016 we have more than 5000 satisfied customers from the whole world.