Questions? Call (909) 302-1811
TOST weak links in optimized format combine the following improvements:
• Longer service life
• Correct marking with load group and manufacturer’s name
• Made of high-quality certified aircraft steel
• Clear differentiation from inferior copies
• Manufacturing tolerance 5%
Like our type-approved equipment, also our weak links are manufactured according to the EASA-approved production methods. Each batch is tested on computerized test equipment and the results are documented. This guarantees consistent high quality and traceability.
• Weak links protect your aircraft against overloading.
• Use only the weak links stipulated in your aircraft TCDS or aircraft manual.
• Checking the cable preamble is mandatory according to SBO (German Gliding Operation Regulations); this includes the inspection of weak links.
• Replace the weak link immediately in the case of visible damage.
• We recommend that the weak link insert are replaced after 200 starts:
An insert exchanged in time is always safer and cheaper than an aborted launch.
• Always use the protective steel sleeve.
• Use only the correct shackles: they prevent the weak link and the steel sleeve from twisting, leading to an increase of the breaking load.
• Never use two equal inserts, eg, both with round holes, in a reserve system weak link since this would double the breaking load.