FLARM is a collision avoidance system developed by glider pilots. FLARM warns if there is a collision hazard from terrain (optional), other FLARM-equipped gliders and other aircraft (ADS-B & transponder). It also gives the location of non-threatening nearby FLARM-equipped gliders. FLARM is programmed with intelligence to understand the unique flight characteristics of gliders so it stays quiet unless there is a real hazard.
- FLARM collision-avoidance system (other FLARM gliders)
- Transponder detector
- An IGC certified logger suitable for badges, contests, and OLC
- Traffic data output to flight computers, PDA or PNA.
Power FLARM ® CORE is a rugged Power FLARM ® solution for fixed installation. Power FLARM Core is installed "hidden" behind the instrument panel or in the avionics compartment and passes Power FLARM ® traffic information to third party display systems. Many specialized display solutions are available, additionally nearly all leading Moving-Map Systems are capable of displaying Power FLARM ® Data. Power FLARM ® Core can operate two independent FLARM ® antennas and features amplified range. In contrast to normal FLARM ®-systems it features enhanced range and better coverage. So it remains useful in fast aircraft and aircraft with metal fuselages.
- FLARM® transmission and reception with increased range.
- Second FLARM antenna port (optional).
Interfaces to display equipment:
- Connector for FLARM®/PowerFLARM® Displays
- Dataport for moving-map systems that support the FLARM® NMEA protocol
- GARMIN TIS Interface (optional)
In the box:
- ADS-B Antenna