TOST Gasket Set
TOST Gasket Set for Master Cylinder 3&4 and 6&7.
History of TOST
TOST has more than 60 years of experience in the development and manufacturing of aviation safety equipment. It's a family business – run in the fourth generation – they stick to the motto: Conserving the well–proven system – Developing forward.
The cornerstones of their corporate policy are:
Customer satisfaction is their highest goal. The customer is the king – he should like to come back – and not like to send the product back.
Since 1969 TOST holds a LBA approval as Design and Production Organization. (LBA= German Aviation Authorities). In the meantime, all approvals are issued by the EASA. In yearly audits through the aviation authorities, the compliance with quality standards is checked and kept record of. Over and above those official regulations, they live the quality thought in their every–day work.
Modern manufacturing techniques, economical resource management and the long lifetime of TOST products are their contribution to the protection of the environment. Gliding is an ecologically friendly sport.
Long standing relations to their customers, suppliers and employees stand for the continuity in their company.
Overhauling and Replacing Master Cylinder Parts
If the master brake cylinder is not functioning properly, the seal rings (gasket) must be replaced.
- Drain brake fluid reservoir.
- Unscrew brake pipe and plug up hose ends.
- Dismantle operating lever A.
– Type 3 and 4: Dismantle seal collar C with operating arm.
– Type 6 and 7: Press in piston B completely to remove washer E from the inside of the bore.
- Pull out piston B by hand.
- Turn piston spring F clockwise to loosen it.
- Remove the old seal rings by hand. Do not use metal tools and take care not to damage the piston.
- Clean all arts with alcohol and check them for damage caused by wear or by improper usage or handling.
- Finally, brush parts with brake fluid.
- Install new seal rings G and H, see sketch for position. Since July 2012 seal ring H is a two–part seal. First position the o–ring in the groove, second slide the seal onto the o–ring.
- Grease sliding parts and rubber parts with “ATE” brake cylinder paste before assembly.
– Type 3 and 4: Install piston, taking special care of cup leather.
– Type 6 and 7: Place seal D and washer E on 10 mm diameter of piston and push in together.
Press washer E into place with pipe tool (25Ø x 2.5 wall x 60 long).