TOST Conversion Kit Classic - Astir
Many modern gliders and power gliders are originally equipped with disk brake wheels nowadays. To make available their advantages also for elder aircraft types, we offer retrofit kits from shoe brake wheel to disk brake wheel.
Depending on the aircraft type the available space varies. With very tight space in the landing gear box the existing shoe brake wheel has to be replaced by a complete new disk brake wheel. If there is more space available, a brake disk only can be fitted to the existing wheel hub, after removing the shoe brake assembly.
For the following aircraft types, (See table to right) we offer complete retrofit kits to disk brake that include all necessary components. Please check for an approval previously with your inspector.
Please allow approximately 4 weeks delivery time for your TOST Conversion Kit.
• Brake disk to fit the existing shoe brake wheel Bimbo Part# 057090
• Wheel bolts, 6 pcs. Allen screw M6×95
• Brake assembly 30–9 for brake fluid DOT 4 with anchor plate Part# 075820
• Hydraulic fitting straight Part# 075830
• Torque plate assembly with tension rod and Spacer 35x30x18 Part # 055758
• Master cylinder type 7 Part# 058270
• Hydraulic hose 900 mm length Part# 058390
• Hollow screw with copper gaskets Part# 058550
• Support for master cylinder Part# 059510
• General arrangement drawing and instructions T9102–K
History of TOST
TOST has more than 60 years of experience in the development and manufacturing of aviation safety equipment. It's a family business – run in the fourth generation – they stick to the motto: Conserving the well–proven system – Developing forward.
The cornerstones of their corporate policy are:
Customer satisfaction is their highest goal. The customer is the king – he should like to come back – and not like to send the product back.
Since 1969 TOST holds a LBA approval as Design and Production Organization. (LBA= German Aviation Authorities). In the meantime, all approvals are issued by the EASA. In yearly audits through the aviation authorities, the compliance with quality standards is checked and kept record of. Over and above those official regulations, they live the quality thought in their every–day work.
Modern manufacturing techniques, economical resource management and the long lifetime of TOST products are their contribution to the protection of the environment. Gliding is an ecologically friendly sport.
Long standing relations to their customers, suppliers and employees stand for the continuity in their company.